Here our editor Iqra shares one of her favourite fish recipes:
Welcome to the first recipe on the Melting Scot Blog! Fish is one of my favourite foods (probably why I can never be fully vegan) and what better way to start than with salmon!
Salmon is a fish species of Scotland and a popular meal to have in many different ways. This recipe involves baking the salmon.
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon onion granules
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- a squeeze of lemon or lime
- 4 boneless salmon fillets
- First, combine all of the ingredients together apart from the salmon fillets.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (fan) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the salmon fillets on the tray (I eat the skin of the salmon since it contains the oils and minerals that are beneficial for us but you can remove them).
- Using a brush, spread the mix prepared on the fillets evenly and generously.
- Bake the salmon for 23-25 minutes on the middle shelf.
- Serve while still hot! I garnished mine with lime on the side and coriander butter on top!
By Iqra Ali